Phase 2 of the project will involve rebuilding the students' desks and chairs. Phase 3 (if permission is granted) will involve the construction of a new building to house a nursery/kindergarten and a school library.
This trip will be a "fact-finding mission" to:
- assess additional needs for textual/reading materials and classroom supplies
- explore options and timetables for the construction of new desks and a future classroom/library building
- visit local lumber and cement facilities to determine sources for obtaining construction materials
- meet with school administrators and teachers to discuss additional resource support
- formulate a plan to involve parents and community members in contributing construction labor
- enlist the help of school administrators and community members to provide care for donated materials as they arrive and to help organize a library system
- search for the best site on current school property to construct a new building
I will gladly keep you posted on any and all progress made. Feel free to add your own posts. You may also contribute ideas or ask questions by writing to SanIsidroChildren@gmail.com.